Skip to main content

Enrollment Verification

Enrollment Verification


Fall 2021 Enrollment Verifications will be verified after the add/drop period has ended on Friday, September 17, 2021.  If proof of enrollment is needed a
Schedule and/or transcript will show your enrollment status.

Enrollment verifications requests are ONLINE!  You can now fill out an online form for your requests.  We will no longer be accepting enrollment requests through email unless providing additional forms or release waivers.


What is an Enrollment Verification Certification?

An enrollment verification is a document that proves you are registered for classes at Gateway Community College (GCC). Various agencies and organizations often require that students provide this information for insurance coverage, loans, housing, Department of Social Services (DSS), etc.

GCC uses the following criteria for enrollment status:

Status Classification Number of Credits
Full Time 12 credits or more
Three Quarter Time 9-11 credits
Half Time 6-8 credits
Less than Half Time 5 credits or less
Not Enrolled 0 credits

Do I need an Enrollment Verification Certification?

Students request enrollment verifications to comply with the following agencies requirements:

  • Loan Lenders (Deferment or Forbearance)
  • Parent Plus Loans
  • Department of Social Services
  • Housing
  • Health Insurance
  • Department of Motor Vehicles
  • Good Student Discount (If requested by your insurer)
  • Other


How long does it take to process my request?

Processing time can range from 7-10 business days. This process can be delayed up to (3) weeks during the beginning and end of the semester.


Enrollment Verification Self-Service

GCC has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as our agent for all verification of student enrollment and degrees.  Student can obtain FREE enrollment verification through (4) weeks after the start of the semester.


Steps to Access Your Enrollment Verification

  1. Login to using your NetID
  2. Select “Banner Student & Faculty Self-Service”
  3. Select “Student Records” Tab
  4. Select “Enrollment Verification Request”
  5. Select “Obtain Enrollment Certificate”
  • Current Enrollment: This is the present enrollment period.
  • All Enrollment: This shows all your enrollment history.
  1. Click Obtain an Enrollment Certificate to print certificate.

* Internet Explorer is recommended*



If you have a hold on your account, this will prevent the processing of your Enrollment Verification.


Department of Social Services (DSS)

DSS clients required to provide Enrollment Verifications must submit the following:

School Attendance Verification Request


School Information Exchange Form (W-1471)


These verification forms will be emailed to the student email. If not, a student there will be a series of verification questions that would have to be answered before information can be released. GCC requires these forms as they are specially coded with personal identifiers that are linked to your account such as Bar codes, Client ID number, and/ or Case ID).

*Incomplete packets will delay your enrollment verification*


Housing Letters

Housing and Urban Development agency (i.e., Section 8, Housing Authority, Property Manager, etc.) clients required to provide enrollment information, can fill out the online Enrollment Verification form. If additional documentation is being provided forward them to with the subject heading Enrollment Verification.  All forms must be filled out and provided in their entirety with proper release authorization from the student.

*Incomplete packets will delay your enrollment verification.


Loan Deferments

Students seeking a loan deferment must provide forms obtained through their lender along with submitting an online Enrollment Verification Form. For security purposes DO NOT include SSN numbers in any email correspondence.

* Loan deferments will be submitted to the NSLDS (National Student Loan Data System) after the 4th week of each semester, NSLDS is updated at the beginning of every month.


Department of Motor Vehicles Educational Permit (DMV)

Special Operation License for School ONLY.

What is needed?

  • Driving distance from home to institution
  • Reasoning for Educational Permit
  • Signed FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act) form (Available upon request

* All requests are mailed directly to the DMV. There will be an additional cost at the DMV.


Educational Background Checks

Potential employers may need an educational background check. Employers must use the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) website at for all request and use our OPEID 00803700.

If you have any questions, please call them at (700)742-4200.

*Current and up-to-date information will be available after the 4th week of each semester through the NSC website.



Registrar’s Office, N214

20 Church Street, New Haven, CT 06510

Phone: (203) 285-2020

Fax: (203) 285-2018