Gateway Community College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by NECHE indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer group review process. An accredited college or university is one that has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is addressed through accreditation. Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by NECHE should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
New England Commission of Higher Education
3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100, Burlington, MA 01803
- The Automotive Programs (General Motors (ASEP), Honda (PACT), and Comprehensive Automotive Repair and Service (CARS)) are accredited by the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Education Foundation. The Electrical Engineering Technology and Mechanical Engineering Technology programs are accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (TAC/ABET).
- The Dietetic Technology Program is currently granted developmental accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education of the American Dietetic Association, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, Illinois 60606-6995, (312) 899-0040 ext. 5400 or (800) 877-1600; www.eatright.org.
- The Joint Review Committee on Education Programs in Radiologic Technology and the Joint Review Committee on Education in Nuclear Medicine Technology accredit the Radiologic Technology Program (Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Radiography, and Radiation Therapy Technology). (Recognized by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology, the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board, and the American Society of Radiologic Technology.)
- The Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Counselor Program is approved by the Connecticut Certification Board, a member of the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse, Inc.
- The Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program is currently granted accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation Of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) 25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158 Clearwater, FL 33763. Phone (727) 210-2350 Fax (727) 210-2354. URL: www.caahep.org The Joint Review Committee( JRC-DMS) on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS) is a nonprofit organization in existence to establish, maintain and promote quality standards for educational programs in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS). 6021 University Boulevard, Suite 500, Ellicott City, MD 21043/ jrcdms.org
- The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326; Telephone: (404) 975-5000; Fax: (404) 975-5020; www.acenursing.org
- The Nuclear Medicine Technology Program is accredited by The Joint Review Committee on Educational
Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology (JRCNMT). 820 W Danforth Rd, #B1, Edmond, OK 73003.
Phone (405) 285-0546 Fax: (405) 285-0579 Email:
Curricula are approved and licensed by the Board of Governors for Higher Education in the state of Connecticut. The state of Connecticut, Department of Education, Veterans Education Division, approves the College's programs for the education and training of veterans under provisions of Section 1775, Chapter 36, Title 38, USC.