Transfer Options for GCC Students

Gateway is committed to assisting students in obtaining their educational goals. Should those goals include transferring an associate's degree to a four-year institution, students may transfer to any college or university they choose. Students may have a lot of questions, such as whether their courses will transfer or whether they can change majors. If students have questions or are unsure of where to transfer for their bachelor's degree, they should check out the GCC Transfer Out Guide and meet with an academic advisor in the GCC Student Success Center to develop a transfer plan.


*IMPORTANT* Degree evaluations in myCommNet are only for 2014-2015 catalog years or earlier.


CSCU Transfer Ticket Programs


Continuing on to a 4-year University? 

Meet with representatives from participating Colleges and Universities. Learn more!

Fall Transfer Appointments 2019

Representatives are scheduling appointments to meet with GCC students, book your  appointment TODAY!  

Quinnipiac University Seamless Transfer Agreement Fact Sheet

Connecticut’s 12 community colleges, four state universities and Charter Oak State College have partnered to offer a low-cost pathway to a ba​chelor’s degree. It's simple:

Students won't lose any credits or be required to take extra credits in order to complete a bachelor’s degree in that same discipline. Not all Transfer Ticket associate degrees will be available at all colleges. The Transfer Tickets for Gateway Community College are listed at All degree and transfer requirements, as well as other information, can be found at

GAP Program to University of Connecticut (UConn)

The Guaranteed Admission Program (GAP) is an agreement between the Connecticut Community College System and the University of Connecticut, designed for students who plan to earn a bachelor's degree in majors at UCONN's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, select majors at the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources, or the School of Business. To be eligible for the GAP program, students must have earned 30 or fewer transferrable credits at Gateway and be enrolled in GCC's Liberal Arts and Science degree program. To find out more about GAP or to sign up for the program, see Dr. Lauren Doninger, Room S124C or email

College of Technology (COT) Engineering Pathway

The Engineering Science Pathway program allows community college students to follow an integrated curriculum at Connecticut’s public and private colleges and universities, allowing individuals to begin their studies at Gateway Community College and progress directly into a bachelor’s degree program at a 4‐year university. The curriculum consists of two distinct pathways: engineering and technology. For more information please contact Professor Susan Spencer, Room S401E, (203) 285‐2452. The student may transfer to the following institutions:

  • University of Connecticut
  • School of Engineering at the University of Hartford
  • School of Engineering at the University of New Haven
  • School of Engineering at Fairfield University
  • School of Technology at Central Connecticut State University
  • Charter Oak State College

RN to BSN/MSN Pathway

Students completing their RN program at GCC have many options via system-wide articulation agreements. Graduates of the Connecticut Community College Nursing Program (CT-CCNP) have the opportunity to continue their education in a number of baccalaureate and advanced degree programs throughout the state and beyond. For a complete list, visit

Transfer Course Equivalencies Links

Transfer Advising and Information

The Student Success Center provides information and activities about transferring. To facilitate this process you must meet with a professional counselor who is experienced in options and resources available to you. To speak to a counselor, contact the Student Success Center.

In order to effectively manage your transfer, the following is recommended:

Meet with a counselor/program coordinator at least once per academic semester to make sure that you are fulfilling major requirements and enrolling in courses transferable to your selected college/university.
Attend an open house or visit the target university/college; visit the college's/university's website and housing options before applying for admission. Students can call the admissions office at the receiving college and schedule a campus tour.
Meet with admission representatives* from the four‐year colleges/universities during their visit here on campus.
Participate in GCC's transfer seminars and college fairs (contact the Center for schedules).

Click here for the Office of Higher Education’s page on public and private transfer programs throughout the state.