Many dependent students are covered under their parents’ health insurance. Due to the changes in the new federal health care laws, a parent’s insurance plan will cover child dependents up to the age of 26.

Health Insurance Options

Access Health CT

Your connection to the Health Insurance Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). 

1-855-805-HEALTH (1-855-805-4325)  |  TTY: 1-855-789-2428
Access Health CT Web

Enrollment Center at 255 Church Street (next to Dunkin' Donuts)
Open during Enrollment Periods ONLY

HUSKY Health

HUSKY offers coverage to eligible children, parents, relative caregivers, elders, individuals with disabilities, adults without minor children, and pregnant women.

1-877-284-8759 | Husky Healthcare Web


For Low-Income Adults
(Application available through Department of Social Services)


Offices of the Healthcare Advocate 

(Assists with resolving insurance disputes):

1-866-466-4446 | Healthcare Advocate Web

The Board of Regents for Higher Education no longer offers a health insurance plan for community college students. 


State of Connecticut / The Connecticut State Colleges and Universities

On Behalf of the Regional Community – Technical College System

Accident Insurance Claim Process

Complete details on the claim reporting process, including a Hartford Notice of Claim form, can be found on our website at In the event of a claim, both the Policyholder and Claimant need to fully complete The Hartford claim form. Itemized medical bills (UB-04 billing statement for hospitals and CMS-1500 billing statements for physicians) must be forwarded to The Hartford office by the Claimant or Provider of Services for processing. If the policy was written on the Excess basis, The Hartford will require any other group insurance carrier’s correspondence Explanation of Benefits (EOB). Unless otherwise documented, all payments will be made directly to the Provider.

Claims are typically processed within fourteen (14) business days of receipt, provided that complete data is submitted. The Policyholder and/or Claimant must answer every question on the Notice of Claim in full, and submit thorough claim documentation to help ensure a quick turnaround time. Should you have questions on these requirements, please contact The Hartford claim department at (800) 678-6702.  

Reporting Accidents or Injury

Please note that any accident taking place on campus or at a college-sponsored event off campus should be reported to the office of the Dean of Administrative Affairs as soon as possible.