Credit by Exam for HIM*101: Medical Terminology
How to sign up
This exam costs a total of $15.
1. Download the HIM*Medical Terminology Credit by Examination Application here or on the right hand column of this page.
2. Go to the Business Office (N216) and pay the college fee for the exam ($15).
Make sure you save your receipt and have the proof of payment stamped on your application. You will bring this to your exam.
3. Register online for a test date.
4. Show up for the examination at the scheduled time.
5. Your results will be sent to the Registrar (either pass or fail).
Scope of the Exam
This exam reflects the full range of material covered in the HIM*101 Medical Terminology course.
The book used in this course is on reserve in the library. It can’t be checked out. The title of the book is: Medical Language, Third Edition. The author is Susan M. Turley.
Format of the Exam
All portions of the exam consist of multiple choice, true/false and fill-in questions. The exam is timed and has a maximum of 3 hours.
Three credits for HIM*101 are awarded for successful completion of the exam. However, these credits are designated as Transfer credits on the transcript, and thus are not accepted by most other colleges and universities upon transfer.
The credit-by-exam may be taken only once and no re-testing is available.