Transfer-On Programs

Transferring to Four-Year Institutions

Gateway Community College is committed to assisting students in obtaining their educational goals. Should those goals include transferring to a four-year institution, students may take advantage of the agreements the college has in place with various institutions. Currently the list of transfer articulation agreements include the following colleges and universities:

Transfer Advising and Information

The Counseling and Student Success Center provides information and activities about transferring. To facilitate this process you must meet with a professional counselor who is experienced in options and resources available to you. To speak to a counselor, contact the Center.

In order to effectively manage your transfer, the following is recommended:

  • Meet with a counselor/program coordinator at least, once per academic semester to make sure that you are fulfilling major requirements and enrolling in courses transferable to your selected college/university.
  • Attend an open house or visit the target university/college; check‐ out their website and housing options before applying for admission. Student can call the admissions office at the receiving college and schedule a campus tour.
  • Meet with admission representatives from the 4‐yr colleges/universities during their visit here on campus.
  • Students are encouraged to participate in our transfer seminars and college fairs.
  • Contact the Center for schedules of upcoming visits and fairs.

Transfer Out Guide

Transfer Out Guide

Transfer-On Advising

Advisors from area colleges and universities regularly offer transfer advising at Gateway. Click below to schedule an appointment.

Connecticut State Universities


Charter Oak

Private Colleges & Universities

Albertus Magnus
University of New Haven

Submitting the Common Application

Submitting the Common Application