Paying for Books
Financial aid students who have enough eligibility can charge books to their account once all of their Financial Aid information is complete. Students may buy books and supplies at the GCC Follett Company bookstore. Student Financial Aid can only be used at the Follett bookstore located in the GCC south building first floor.
To start charging books on your Financial Aid account you will need to bring the following with you when you go to the bookstore:
A copy of your class schedule
PICTURE IDENTIFICATION (ID) WILL BE NECESSARY!! THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!!
Bookstore purchasing procedures
The procedures for purchasing at the bookstore are listed below:
Students may only buy books for courses, which are on your registration form.
Do not buy books for courses you are planning to add/drop.
A reasonable amount of supplies may be purchased after all texts books have been purchased.
Items, which may be bought after all text books are purchased must be school related.
A limit of (4) Bus passes per student, per semester is the maximum allowed! Passes purchased in excess of 4, funds will be rescinded and student will owe money to the bookstore, in addition to, having a HOLD put on their account.
The bookstore cannot take back a book that has been "used"; for example, your name is written in it.
Do not write in or on books until you are certain you will not change your program of study or your classes.
It is possible that you may have to pay for some books if your Financial Aid Award is not enough. Remember, books returned in "perfect condition" will be accepted for return. Books marked in any way, are returned as "used", at considerable loss to you. Shrink-wrapped books must be returned in their original packaging.
The purpose of Financial Aid is to help students in need, cover their educational costs and other related expenses. The bookstore will establish individual accounts for students.
Update for students with Financial Aid
As of spring 2014, Financial Aid students may pre-order their books for pick-up at the Bookstore. Please download the form by clicking here and Fax or drop off the required items at the Bookstore.
1. Submit this form and a copy of your final schedule to the bookstore in room N109 (please check the bookstore for semester submission timeline)
2. After you have submitted your form, you will receive a phone call from the bookstore notifying you that your order is ready to pick-up.
3. Students must come in person to pick up their book order. Your student ID and signature will be required to pick up your order.
4. Your books will only be held until seven (7) business days after classes start.
5. Please contact the bookstore manager for business hours, return/exchange policy, any issues or questions at 203-865-5614.