If I have attended another Community College do I have to apply to Gateway Community College?

You do need to apply, however you do not have to pay the $20.00 application fee.  You will be asked to verify high school completion and have official transcripts sent from your other college.

What is the easiest way to apply to the college?

We recommend that you apply via the online application.  You can access this application at www.my.commnet.edu.

Do I have to take a placement test before I can register?

All students who are applying into a degree or certificate program need to test, however you can be waived from testing if you provide documentation of prior college credits. SAT or ACT scores can also be used to waive the placement test.

I attended Gateway while in high school; do I need to fill out another application?

Yes, you will need to complete another application and verify high school completion to be able to matriculate into a degree program.

How many credits can I transfer into Gateway?

We typically accept up to 45 credits in transfer, you must complete 25% of your course work here for the college to award an Associate degree.

Do you have a catalogue of programs or courses?

The most current information can be found via the GCC website.

Where can I find a schedule of your courses?

The course schedule is available online, you can access this by going to www.my.commnet.edu

How many classes do I need to take to be considered a full-time student?

A full-time student is someone who registers for 12 or more credits; you need to be in a degree program to register as a full-time student.

I attended college outside of the United States, will you accept my credits?

You will need to have your transcript evaluated by WES or CED; they will let us know what the equivalent U.S. credits are.

I am still in high school; can I take classes at Gateway?

Depending on the circumstances this may be a possibility, you should contact the Admissions Office to set up an appointment to discuss this in more detail.

I last attended Gateway four years ago, how can I begin taking classes?

The Admissions Office will process your readmit application, you may be asked to provide additional information regarding high school completion and immunization prior to registering.

Where can I find information about immunization?

If you go the GCC website and click on the “new student” link you will be able to access information about immunization.  You will also be able to find a list of providers that provide testing or immunization services at lower cost.