Campus wireless connectivity is available through the ConnSCU wireless system. In order to connect, the user must have a valid NetID account (generated automatically for students, faculty and staff-the same user name and password used to log into college computer labs), a personal computer with up-to-date virus protection and patches, and a wireless card that is configured and functioning properly with its open rating system.
Our campus wireless provides the same experience as using a broadband service from home.
The ConnSCU Internet - wireless network is broadcast throughout the downtown campus in public areas of the campus and needs little configuration to use.
Operating Systems - Preferred: Windows 7 or 8, Mac OSX 10.6 or later
Supported Browsers - Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Mozilla Firefox, Safari.
Your computer must have a functioning wireless internet card (wireless G or N preferred).
Campus Wireless Access in Windows 7
Connecting your Computer to Wireless
Connection to wireless is a multi-step process.
Instructions on accessing the Wi-Fi using Windows 7
1. Click on the wireless icon
2. You may see multiple wireless networks visible in the "Wireless network screen". The Gateway wireless network is identified as ConnSCU Internet.
3. Click on this selection and then click the Connect button.
4. The following pop-up will be displayed
5. Click on: connect
6. Then it will pop-up this window for few seconds
7. Then it will open a new window that it will look like this.
In here you will type your user name and password, the same way you log into the campus computer.
Then click: OK
Upon successfully entering your NetID and password, you can now navigate the internet.