The Bursar's Office is the centralized billing and collection point for student accounts. The primary function of the Bursar's Office is managing all student accounts including processing payments and installment plans, applying waivers, generating bills, coordinating collection efforts and processing refunds.
As of August 2016: Gateway Community College will no longer send out paper bills. Students will receive email notifications to the college email addresses when they have a new billing statement to view. Then they can view their bill online, through mycommnet by going to Banner Self Service, Billing/Payment and clicking on Student Account and Payment Center.
Authorized user functionality is here! Does someone else help you with the bills? Now you can authorize your parents, employer, or anyone you choose to view your bill, make payments directly on your account, and even sign up for a Tuition Installment Plan. Any student can give permission to an Authorized User, even those not enrolled in a Tuition Installment Plan.
It’s easy to give someone access. All you need is a valid email address.
1. Sign onto myCommNet;
2. Click the Banner Self Service Link at the top right hand side of the page;
3. If prompted, select the appropriate College, (note not all user will see this);
4. Choose the Registration & Payment option from the list;
5. Choose the Installment Plan Enrollment and Payment option from the list;
6. Click the Installment Plan and Payment Button;
7. Hover over the My Account link at the top of the page and then click on the Authorized Users link;
8. Then just follow the prompts to add your Authorized User.
9. Your Authorized User will then receive an email explaining how to log in to view your account balance, make payments on your behalf and even sign up for a Tuition Installment Plan.
Paying with financial aid?
Click on the FAQ Payment Procedures & FAQ Link to find out how to use your Financial Aid Award to reserve your classes.
Important Bursar Dates and Deadlines
While GCC reserves the right to cancel unpaid registrations, as long as your name is on an official roster your account will be charged and you will earn a grade for the course – whether you attended it or not.
If you change your mind about taking a course(s) after your register, you are required to officially drop it whether or not you have made payment or have attended. DO NOT ASSUME THAT YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DROPPED FOR NON-PAYMENT. You will continue to be held responsible for all charges until you officially drop the class regardless of your payment status. Dropping is the only way to ensure that your account will not be charged! Without exception, once your registration is cancelled you won’t be able to re-register unless there is space available in the class.
Winter 2016 Semester Dates
Full payment is due when you register.
Sorry - Installment Plans are not available for the Winter semester.
Spring 2017 Semester Dates
If you register prior to 01/03/17 all charges labeled as “Fee” are due when you register and “Tuition” charges are due on 01/03/17. Please note that fees are non-refundable.
If you register on or after 01/03/17, all charges are due when you register
Tuition Installment Plans will be available on My Commnet beginning November 1, 2016.